Who receives benefits?
Limited full-time (30–39 hours worked each week) and full-time (40 hours worked each week) employees are eligible to participate in the group health insurance plan with coverage effective the first day of the month following 30 days of work.
Health Insurance offered to Employees
Scenic Bluffs offers two different levels of high deductible health insurance plan with a Health Savings Account. Health Savings Accounts are offered in conjunction with high deductible insurance plans to help offset the costs of the deductible. Pre-tax dollars are placed into the account (contributed by the employee and/or the employer depending upon the chosen plan). The monies in the account can be used on health expenses accumulated on the day the account opened or after. The Health Center offers a subsidy to benefit eligible employees to help with the costs of the premiums for all levels of health insurance coverage.
If qualifying staff choose to opt-out of the health insurance plan, they will be given an opt-out payment in their paychecks. This is taxable compensation for a benefit and does not constitute a wage to impact overtime pay, retirement contributions, bonuses, etc.
Other Insurances Offered
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance ($100,000 guaranteed issue; not a pre-tax deduction)
- Accident Insurance
- Cancer Insurance
- Critical Care Insurance
- SHOP (Supplemental Health Options Plan)
- Medical Reimbursement
- Individual Premium Reimbursement (pre-tax deduction)
- 401k Plan with matching program—Standard and Roth options available
- Employer paid Disability Insurance
- Staff Credit Benefits for Services Received at Scenic Bluffs
-- Scenic Bluffs Community Health Centers offers a staff program for services received at the Health Centers. All limited full-time and full-time employees will receive a 20% credit on services for themselves and their dependents. The Health Centers will bill first for any applicable insurance coverage, will apply healthy neighbor discounts second, and finally, the staff credit will be applied. The credit is not an adjustment to the balance, this is a payment made by Scenic Bluffs on behalf of the staff member and should be considered an employee benefit. To maintain this benefit, you must routinely work your regularly scheduled hours. Outside services (for example, dental lab fees, foot levelers, etc.) may not be discounted below cost. Some services are ineligible for the discount. If you have questions, please direct them to the Finance Director.
- Continuing Education – per departmental and clinic budgets
- Qualification for loan repayment: Scenic Bluffs is a National Health Service Corps approved site, allowing qualified providers to apply for federal loan repayment. Additionally, our site qualifies providers to apply to Wisconsin’s Health Professions Loan Assistance Programs for additional loan repayment support.
- Employee Assistance Program—free, confidential counseling for the employee and family members through Gundersen Health Systems.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) – a plan which covers vacations, sick time, and any other time off. PTO is accrued based on hours worked for hourly employees and hours scheduled for salaried employees